The tiny island nation of Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon is a world-renowned destination that boasts of alluring beaches, rich heritage, exotic wildlife, stunning landscape and several amazing architectural wonders as well as places of worship. Spread in a duration of 4 nights and 5 days, Sri Lanka Tour offers the traveler a chance to explore and experience the best of this pristine and peaceful destination. During this well-planned tour, you get a chance to visit popular Sri Lankan destinations such as Colombo, Kandy, Bentota and Nuwara Eliya.
(twin/triple sharing basis)
valid till 30 Sep 2018
Journey Starts from: Colombo
Journey Ends at: Colombo
04 Nights / 05 Days
Colombo – Kandy – Nuwara Eliya – Bentota – Colombo
- 04 Nights accommodation at Sri Lanka hotels.
- Meet & assistance at the Airport.
- Double sharing Accommodation.
- 04 Breakfast at the hotel.
- Visit Colombo en route from Bentota – Airport.
- City tour & visiting of sites in cities where the clients are spending the night.
- All related government taxes.
- Travel Insurance.
- Return Airfare and Taxes.
- Any expense of personal nature like telephone charges etc.
- Any other item not included in the above mentioned inclusions.
- Tipping and portage payable to the driver, bellboy, room service or waiter.
- Sri Lanka Visa on arrival @ USD 20
INR 21,999/- Per Person
Hill Top SUP Room or Similar
Galway Forest SUP Room or Similar
Tapro Spa Foot Print SUP Room or Similar
Concord Grand SUP Room or Similar
INR 24,999/- Per Person
Thai Lanka Resort STD or Similar
Glen Fall Reach SUP or Similar
Club Bentota SUP or Similar
Pegasus SUP or Similar
Day 1: Arrival in Colombo – Kandy (3 hours)
As you arrive at the Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport, our tour representative escorts you to the assigned vehicle so that you can get transferred to Kandy. On the way, take a halt to visit the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage. A shelter home for abandoned, injured and orphaned elephants that are taken care of by caretakers and volunteers. Watch then bathing, feeding and assisting elephants. Walk with a herd of elephants up to the river nearby to watch them play and bathe. Later, continue towards Kandy, the last capital of ancient Sri Lankan kings. Placed amid hills, Kandy is the country’s second largest city and is also one of its 7 World Heritage sites that has blessed with abundant natural beauty. This lovely city boasts of lush grasslands, splendid lake, Sri Lanka’s longest river and mist-clad mountains. This place has a lot to offer to its visitors. On arrival, complete the check-in.
Check-in is followed by sightseeing in Kandy. The first visit of the day is to Temple of tooth Relic, locally known as Sri Dalada Maligawa. This temple is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, which is also one of the most revered Buddhist sites in the world. Next in line is the visit to the Peradeniya Botanical Gardens, a heaven for nature enthusiasts. Spread in a verdant space of 147 acres of land, this garden is visited by over 1.2 million people every year. It houses around 300 varied varieties of orchids, medicinal plants, palm trees and spices too. Later, explore the amazing Gem Museum, producing world’s finest quality gems and semi-precious stones including glistening sapphires in different shades like green, white, red, blue and even more. Evening is scheduled for attending a traditional cultural dance show.
Stay overnight stay in Kandy
Day 2: Kandy – Nuwara Eliya (2.5 hours)
Post breakfast on day 2 at the hotel, get ready to leave for Nuwara Eliya, fondly referred to as the City of Lights. Encircled by lush tea plantations and hills, this lovely city has been blessed with a pleasant weather, colorful meadows, green ambiance and superb views of the mountains and valleys. This place is also called ‘Little England’, a favorite hill town of the British who founded it as a typical English hamlet. A country house like hill club with trophies and hunting pictures, formal dinner cloth, a bricked post office, a horse race course and an 18 hole golf course are ample proofs of the same. On reaching, check-in at the hotel.
Explore the popular attractions of Nuwara Eliya including Victoria Park, the golf course and the trout streams. Later, you can enjoy boat riding and fishing at Lake Gregory. Your next visit can be to a tea factory where you can see the production of the finest Orange Pekoe tea in the world from the slow-growing tea bushes of this highland region. Some of the other attractions that you may also visit include Haggala Gardens and Seetha Eliya. While the latter one is a temple from the great Hindu epic Ramayana, the former one is a temperate hill-country garden where one can spot leisurely low-country lotus and water lily floating in pristine environs.
Overnight stay in Nuwara Eliya.
Day 3: Nuwara Eliya – Bentota (5.5 hours)
After breakfast, the day is scheduled for sightseeing in Nuwara Eliya. Visit the lovely coastal town of Bentota that is known for offering memorable experiences. Also known as the ‘City of Golden Beaches’, Bentota is an ideal place to relax and spend some memorable moments with the loved ones. This place boasts of water sports opportunities, several historical sights and coral reef exploration on glass boats. After completing the check-in, your day is scheduled for city tour and fun activities. Visit the popular beaches to simply relax and soak-in the sun. Go for a leisure walk while savoring the serenity and scenic beauty.
During the city tour, enjoy boating in River Madhu where you treat your eyes to the wonderful scenery and lush mangroves covering several islets. If you want, you can also visit the Turtle Hatchery here. Opened in 1981 by the Wildlife Protection Society in 1981, this hatchery is the main turtle nesting site. You can spot large tanks that contain new born turtles. Once these turtle babies are fed and they are 2 to 4 days old, they are released in the sea, generally during dark hours when it is safe.
Day 4: Bentota – Colombo (2 hours)
After having breakfast on the 4th day of the tour, get ready to go back to Colombo, the commercial capital of Sri Lanka and the largest city too. Placed on the west coast, this bustling colorful city is a mix of colonial and modern touches. The city is dotted with several architectural marvels, colonial buildings with British, Portuguese and Dutech influences along with Hindu, Buddhist, Islamic, Contemporary and Indian structures. It is also a popular tourist shopping destination. Once you are done with the check-in formalities, you can partake in the city tour of Colombo.
The list of tourist attractions in Colombo that are worth-visiting include the Viharamahadevi Park, Galle Face Green, Fort district, National Museum, Old Parliament Building, Twin World Trade Center towers and Independence Hall at Independence Square. The city is also dotted with places of worship of different religion like Buddhist, Hindu, Islam and Christianity. Evening can be spent indulged in shopping at the popular markets of Colombo such as Odel, House of Fashion, Beverly Street, Majestic City and Noritake.
Overnight stay in Colombo.
Day 5: Departure from Colombo
After breakfast on the last day of the tour, you have some free time. Later get transferred to the airport to board the flight for your onward destination.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 adults traveling together.
- Surcharge is applicable for a passenger traveling alone.
- ‘Child Rate’ applies to children, between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- Prices for Non Indian Nationals are available on request.
- These rates are not applicable during any Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Trade-fairs and High Season.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- Amendment charges, cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, fuel charges or taxes, which may come into effect prior to the departure, will lead to an increase in the tour price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- There will be no refund on unused service.
- The hotel names are given for guideline purpose. The confirmation could be in the same or an alternate hotel in a similar category, subject to availability.
- Rates are subject to change, without prior notice.
- All bookings and terms & conditions ticketntrip.com will apply.
- From the booking date till 7 days prior to departure 30% of the package cost
- From 3 to 7 days prior to departure 50% of the package cost
- 24 hours to 3 days prior to departure 75% of the package cost
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure 100% of the package cost