Gujarat is one of the most diverse states in India. Some of the most famous businessmen, industrialists and leaders belong to this famous state. Best of Gujarat tour will take us to some of the famous cities of Gujarat like Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Dwarka, Porbandar, Somnath temple and Diu.
(twin/triple sharing basis)
valid till 30 Sep 2018
Journey Starts from: Ahmedabad
Journey Ends at: Diu
07 Nights / 08 Days
2 Nights Ahmedabad – 1 Night Rajkot – 1 Night Dwarka – 1 Night Porbandar – 2 Nights Diu
- Accommodation for 07 nights / 08 days on twin / double sharing basis
- Daily fixed menu / buffet breakfast and dinner.
- Exclusive AC car for transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary only.
- Hotel luxury taxes as applicable.
- Airfare / train fare.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, tips, liquor, boating & joy rides.
- Any other item not mentioned in “Cost Includes”.
- Additional sightseeing or usages of vehicle not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Guide or entrance fees
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like landslides, road blocks, etc. (to be borne by the clients directly on the spot).
- Any increase in taxes or fuel leading to an increase in surface transportation & land arrangements, which may come into effect prior to departure.
- GST @ 5.00%
INR 23,500/- Adult in Twin
INR 5,500/- extra adult
INR 2,500/- child without bed
Ritz Inn / Similar
Royal Inn / Similar
Damji / Similar
Harmony / Similar
Prabhat Beach Resort / Similar
Day 01: Ahmedabad
In the morning arrives at Ahmedabad which is the commercial capital of Gujarat. This city nurtures in its fold pages of history, a breath of harmony and a show-case of exquisite architecture. You will be welcomed by our representative and transferred to your hotel. In the afternoon we visit the Gandhi ashram. Gandhi ashram is situated in Sabarmati which is about 6 kms from the Ahmedabad. This ashram is one of the most beautiful ashrams and an important tourist attraction in Ahmedabad. This ashram was the Mahatma Gandhi’s headquarters during their struggle for India’s independence and it now houses some records of major events in his life, a memorial centre and a library.
After visiting the Gandhi Ashram we visit the Gandhinagar’s famous temple, the Akshardham temple. Gandhinagar is the second planned and architecturally integrated city in India, after Chandigarh. The Akshardham temple is the most famous temple of the Swaminarayan Sect, one of the richest religious sects in the world. This temple houses the 7-feet gold-leafed idol of Lord Swaminarayan and it is a unique cultural complex. Akshardham is an intricately carved, majestic monument of 6000 tons of pink sandstone and is surrounded by lush green gardens and beautiful fountains. Overnight at Ahmedabad.
Day 02: Ahmedabad
In the morning visits the Hathee Singh Jain Temple. Built outside the Delhi Gate in 1850 by a rich Jain merchant, the temple is dedicated to Dharamanath, the 15th Jina or Jain apposite. This temple is one of the best ornate Jain temples in Ahmedabad which is built of pure white marble and decorated with rich carvings. Later we visit the Jama Masjid that was built in 1423 AD by Ahmad Shah and described by some as the most beautiful mosque in India. This mosque is believed to have been constructed from the items salvaged from the demolished Hindu and Jain temples. After visiting the mosque we visit the Calico Museum of Textiles. This museum of textiles has excellent exhibits of antique and modern textiles including rare tapestries, wall hangings, costumes and old weaving machines. Overnight at Ahmedabad.
Day 03: Ahmedabad – Rajkot (225 km)
In the morning we drive to Rajkot. Rajkot is a very pleasant provincial town. Mahatma Gandhi spent a few years of his life in this town. His father was the Dewan (Chief Minister) of Rajkot, once a small princely State. In the evening arrive in Rajkot and visit Kaba Gandhi No Delo, Mahatma Gandhi spent the early days of his life here. You can see the exhibition of Gandhi’s items here. This will be followed by a visit to Rajkumar College, where M. K. Gandhi completed his secondary education from this school. Overnight at Rajkot.
Day 04: Rajkot – Dwaraka (235 km)
In the morning after having breakfast we drive to Dwaraka. Dwaraka is situated on the Saurashtra coast, where the River Gomti meets the Arabian Sea. According to the legends, Dwarka was once the capital of the Lord Krishna’s empire. It is also believed that the original Dwarka, which was an island, was submerged in the sea. Dwaraka is also one of the four holy places of the Hindus. Dwaraka is known all over the world for the temple of Dwarkadhish, the ‘Lord of Dwarka’, also known as the Jagat Mandir or temple of the world. In the evening arrive in Dwarka and drive to the hotel. Overnight at Dwaraka.
Day 05: Dwaraka – Porbandar (122 km)
In the morning we visit the Dwarkadhish temple. This temple was constructed over 1400 years ago and houses the image of Lord Krishna. This temple attracts pilgrims from all over the world. Besides the Dwarkadhish temple there are various other temples in Dwarka like the Rukmani temple dedicated to the wife of Lord Krishna. After visiting the temple we drive to Porbandar which is situated 122 km from Dwaraka. Porbandar is a picturesque old sea port situated on the western coast of Gujarat. Porbandar was the birth place of Mahatma Gandhi. Later in the evening we visit the Kirti Mandir in Porbandar. In this home the Mahatma Gandhi, the father of the nation was born in 1869. The house has seventeen rooms divided in three storeys. Overnight at Porbandar.
Day 06: Porbandar – Somnath – Diu (217 km)
In the morning we drive to visit the Somnath temple (100 km). This temple is one of the twelve most sacred shrines dedicated to the Lord Shiva and a jyotirlinga. According to a legend, Somnath temple was built originally in gold by Somraj, the moon god. This Somnath temple was rebuilt and destroyed seven times till 1706 A.D when it was raided by the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb. After that it was finally rebuilt in 1950 with the support of Sardar Vallabhabhai Patel. After visiting the Somnath temple we drive to Junagadh (115 km). Junagadh is situated in the Saurashtra region at the foot of the temple-studded Mount Girnar, on the northern fringes of the Gir forest. The city takes its name from the fort that enclosed the medieval town. Visit Forts, Ashoka Rock Edicts and Maqbara. In the evening arrive in Diu. Overnight at Diu.
Day 07: Diu
After breakfast, a full day tour to monuments and beaches of Diu. St.Paul’s church: The church adorned with curiously treated volutes & shell-like motifs and the magnificent wood carving is considered to be the most elaborate of all the Portuguese churches in India. St.Thomas Church Museum: A huge edifice in gothic architecture was built in 1598 A.D. A part of it has been converted into a museum, an Archaeological treasure house. Diu Fort: This majestic structure stands on the coast of Diu sentinel. Once inside, you are overwhelmed by the gaunt majesty of the ancient stone work which transports you to a bygone era of gallant, where time stands still. The fort offers a kaleidoscopic view of Diu town. Nagoa beach: The Nagoa beach is exceptionally beautiful & secluded. The horse-shoe (semicircular) shaped, palm-fringed beach is twenty minutes invigorating drive from Diu. Overnight at Diu.
Day 08: Diu – Mumbai
After breakfast you will be transferred to the airport to catch flight for Mumbai.
Terms & Conditions
- Prices are based on a minimum of 2 adults traveling together.
- Surcharge is applicable for a passenger traveling alone.
- ‘Child Rate’ applies to children, between the ages of 2 to 12 years.
- Prices for Non Indian Nationals are available on request.
- These rates are not applicable during any Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, Trade-fairs and High Season.
- All bookings and confirmations are subject to availability.
- Amendment charges, cancellation charges will be applicable as per our terms & conditions.
- Any increase in the hotel tariffs, fuel charges or taxes, which may come into effect prior to the departure, will lead to an increase in the tour price. Any difference in the price will be payable by the client.
- There will be no refund on unused service.
- The hotel names are given for guideline purpose. The confirmation could be in the same or an alternate hotel in a similar category, subject to availability.
- Rates are subject to change, without prior notice.
- All bookings and terms & conditions ticketntrip.com will apply.
- From the booking date till 7 days prior to departure 30% of the package cost
- From 3 to 7 days prior to departure 50% of the package cost
- 24 hours to 3 days prior to departure 75% of the package cost
- Less than 24 hours prior to departure 100% of the package cost